Can you believe it’s already going to be 2013?!
Since we all survived the end of the Mayan Calendar it’s time to start planning our New Year!!
A new year symbolizes new beginnings but a New Year’s party symbolizes good old fashion fun. Here are some great party ideas…
Have a theme party and get creative!
- Have everyone come to your party wearing a certain color, all black, all white, all red. You decide!
- Ever been to an ugly sweater party at Christmas time? Use that same idea but switch it up, have everyone come in the most hideous PROM wear! It still counts as formal wear…..right?!?
- Throw a sports themed party and have all of your guests wear their favorite team jersey!
- Have a pajama party! Slippers, jammies, at least if your guests have a little too much to drink they can sleep off their buzz comfortably on your couch or floor.
- Each year comes with many trends in fashion and not all of them are good ones so have your guests come wearing their most despised fashion trend!
- Casino Night can also be a lot of fun!
- There are so many posibilites!
Have a RESOLUTION BOARD:
As your guests enter the party have them write their New Year’s Resolution on a chalk board you have set up near the door.
Once all of your guests have arrived have all of the resolutions on the board written down on individual pieces of paper placed in a hat or a bowl.
All of your attendees will then get to draw a resolution from the bowl and share some laughs as you take turns guessing which resolution goes to which guest!
Decorating is essential:
You don’t have to go all out to decorate, keep it simple.
Balloons are a great way to decorate an they are also inexpensive.
Instead of using weights to tie your balloons down, just let them float to the ceiling to roam freely throughout the room.
Make sure all of the string lengths are staggered so it doesn’t look odd having them all one length.
Your snacks can also bring something to the table to add to your decorating. (See what I did there…not bad, eh?)
Using a few rolls of pre made sugar cookie dough and some inexpensive cookie cutters you can create a variety of fun cookies to put out.
Champagne glasses, clocks, numbers, you name it!
Metallic or glittery Christmas ornaments in a large bowl or vase make a great centerpiece. You can also hang them from the ceiling or a light fixture above the table.
Everyone will need a drink to ring in the New Year so use numbered drink ware to add to the fun.
Have great music:
Having your 5 disc CD changer on rotation is a thing of the past. Plug in your mp3 player, or pull up your play list on your computer to play great songs that will keep your guests dancing into the countdown.
If you’re throwing a theme party, let’s say a 70′s party for example, make sure your music fits the theme and have plenty of disco on hand!
Let the countdown begin….
Always make sure that safety is a top priority. What do we have without our friends and family?
Whatever your New Year brings TailGatorz.com wishes you all the best!!
Here’s to another year! Happy 2013!